Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

We're So BAD.....

So, today is the reunion ritual where the guys go out to "Little Piggies," to eat. Something having to do with pork, I believe. Too bad Loren just ate breakfast 45 minutes before they left, but maybe he can give a supporting "oink," or two.

Now, I signed up for the lunch duty, for those of us who would be here. (several of the middle aged children went off to a local Vacation Bible School program until 2 p.m.) The fact that there would be relatively few people about had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with my signing up for this slot on the duty roster. There was an empty place, and naturally, the altruistic nature of "Ma" set in, and I volunteered. It would be the usual tasty display of lunch meats, cheeses, etc.

However, it was brought to our attention by my lovely sister-in-law, Lauri Anne-who, by the way, shares my inherent sensibility for fair play-that on the morrow, when the ladies have their day out, the guys were going to have pizza! Yes, you can immediately see the disparity, just as we did!

Well, I'm not sure exactly who's idea this was *cough* but someone suggested we keep the cold cuts on ice, and order pizza for US, instead. This suggestion was READILY seconded and thirded, forthwith. It was even offered that perhaps calling the pizzeria and canceling the men's order for the next day would be appropriate.....but......we are nothing, if not ever so slightly compassionate to our beloved menfolk.

I'm sure any reasonable person(s) would have done the same.

And now, I must go, for I am responsible for lunch, and, there is SOOOOOOOO much to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home