Loren Visits Mayoland
Yes, it's time for the annual check-up. Hard to believe it's been almost two years since Loren's heart transplant.
He is going in a tad early since he was due for a heart biopsy anyway, and they decided to schedule the whole week of appointments at the same time.
He left yesterday evening and will return sometime on Thursday afternoon. It would have been nice to go up with him....sort of. It's a lot of sitting around for both of us, and while I don't like feeling out of the info loop, for right now, I can be more useful here at home.
It's the age-old spousal dilemma....if you're with the family, you wish you were up at Mayo. If you're up at Mayo, you wish you were home with the family.
Maybe some day....
Naturally, in getting prepared for the four-day stay, Loren found it necessary to throw together another laptop and get it all formatted and whatnot. Of course, one COULD take the old one which is perfectly useable. But then you would miss out on the frenzied thrill of last-minute preparations that force you to leave an hour late and curtail your wife's plans to drive off into the sunset and take pictures in the waning light...
ANY-way, I was doing my part by finishing the laundry, folding clothes and the like. I'd even managed to scrape up enough underwear and T-shirts that were actually white or pale rust colored, as opposed to the weird discolored variety after that whole green flannel sheet episode. I mean, Mayo may be one of the leading medical facilities in the country, but why take chances and by wearing a turquoise undershirt?
Right. So picture us both in the bedroom, Loren leaning over a laptop surrounded by a myriad of cables, and I neatly and methodically sorting through freshly laundered clothes, from which the delicate scent of "Glacier Breeze" doth waft....
"Do you want black socks? Or blue ones?"
*totally unintelligible muttering"
"Ok, two of each. Let's see....you want a pair of sweats?"
"Uhhgghhrll...."
"Was that a 'yes' or a 'no'?"
*sound of clicking*
"Well then, I guess not...."
And so on.
__________________
In other news, I have been trying to get a YouTube video on since last night and until moments ago was QUITE ticked. But thanks to the Helpful Cynic (formerly known as the Vengeful Cynic) it now appears that success is imminent.....
Here is a funny clip I saw on mediabistro.
Tweet
He is going in a tad early since he was due for a heart biopsy anyway, and they decided to schedule the whole week of appointments at the same time.
He left yesterday evening and will return sometime on Thursday afternoon. It would have been nice to go up with him....sort of. It's a lot of sitting around for both of us, and while I don't like feeling out of the info loop, for right now, I can be more useful here at home.
It's the age-old spousal dilemma....if you're with the family, you wish you were up at Mayo. If you're up at Mayo, you wish you were home with the family.
Maybe some day....
Naturally, in getting prepared for the four-day stay, Loren found it necessary to throw together another laptop and get it all formatted and whatnot. Of course, one COULD take the old one which is perfectly useable. But then you would miss out on the frenzied thrill of last-minute preparations that force you to leave an hour late and curtail your wife's plans to drive off into the sunset and take pictures in the waning light...
ANY-way, I was doing my part by finishing the laundry, folding clothes and the like. I'd even managed to scrape up enough underwear and T-shirts that were actually white or pale rust colored, as opposed to the weird discolored variety after that whole green flannel sheet episode. I mean, Mayo may be one of the leading medical facilities in the country, but why take chances and by wearing a turquoise undershirt?
Right. So picture us both in the bedroom, Loren leaning over a laptop surrounded by a myriad of cables, and I neatly and methodically sorting through freshly laundered clothes, from which the delicate scent of "Glacier Breeze" doth waft....
"Do you want black socks? Or blue ones?"
*totally unintelligible muttering"
"Ok, two of each. Let's see....you want a pair of sweats?"
"Uhhgghhrll...."
"Was that a 'yes' or a 'no'?"
*sound of clicking*
"Well then, I guess not...."
And so on.
__________________
In other news, I have been trying to get a YouTube video on since last night and until moments ago was QUITE ticked. But thanks to the Helpful Cynic (formerly known as the Vengeful Cynic) it now appears that success is imminent.....
Here is a funny clip I saw on mediabistro.
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
"Do you want black socks? Or blue ones?"
*totally unintelligible muttering"
"Ok, two of each. Let's see....you want a pair of sweats?"
"Uhhgghhrll...."
"Was that a 'yes' or a 'no'?"
*sound of clicking*
"Well then, I guess not...."
And so on.
I got so tired of hearing that same conversation that I've given up. Now I figure if there are enough clean underwear and socks in the drawer, my duties are completed. And we get to the airport later than before.
has it really been two years?
i distictly remember the day you all found out Loren was getting a new heart. Ardith woke Heather and i up and told us...i've rarely been so energized so quickly after a few hours of sleep.
:-) :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home