Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ma's Newsy Nuggets

Speaking of nuggets, check out this advertisement for Kentucky Fried Chicken :-D

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm reminded of Nikita Khrushchev's supposed plan to paint the moon red.
____________

We've ALL heard the benefits of chocolate touted (especially dark chocolate), but yet another study has come out in favor of this exotic elixir of good health...(hey, if you melted it, it would be liquid)

Yes, I'll just keep preachin' 'til everyone sees the light.
____________

Time to update your dictionaries. "Carbon neutral" is the newest, coolest logos of the annum, according to The New Oxford American Dictionary.

"Carbon neutral"......I think it has something to do with only eating fries that have been cooked in green oil.

(I guess they don't want to know that I get rid of the trash by burning it out-of-doors. The styrofoam cups from the church make nice, dark smoke...but if that's a problem, I could just burn it after dark, from now on.....)

____________

Exciting news on the homefront: We are now officially going to our nephew's wedding in Tulsa this December! David is a graduate of LeTourneau and the oldest son of Loren's late brother, Galen, who died suddenly of a heart attack back in 2003.

We haven't worked out where we're staying, yet, but that will come. The important thing is being there for David and Amy and seeing lots of family! (which incidentally, includes meeting up with Jason and taking him back home with us)

*happy sigh*

And, I am most pleased to have gotten Kendra's high school transcript finished and safely in the mail. Kendra might be a little relieved, also.

Derek has finished the last of four testing days at the high school, and I think it's safe to say that he too, is relieved.

So basically, we are all relieved.

I'm pretty sure this means I deserve a nap.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Yippee, we're all going to the wedding!! :)

11/16/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

yay for Dave! (I actually knew him a bit at ole LeTU..)

11/18/2006 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home