Bees and Birds
My beautiful Rugosa Rose bush is blooming :-)
(click on the picture to see the tiny bee at 5:00)
And as I attempted to photograph the flowers, I discovered a young grackle who'd been hiding...
...which reminded me of those young college guys who sorta need to shave but don't have a lot TO shave.
Then the papa grackle proceeded to make three fly-bys, coming within a foot of me each time. I mean, we're talkin' shades of Alfred Hitchcock, and Ma ain't jokin'.
And that's when I decided to go back indoors.
But not before I got another close-up.

In other news :-D only ONE MORE DAY of school with Nolan!
*cheers*
Then it's just some computer math drill for him over the summer.
Loren's Mayo check-up and Bible School next week...
Then a week's break...
Then the big Hoyt reunion...
July, which I think we actually have off...
Family camp...
Filling out forms for next school year...
Taking two kids off to college in opposite directions...
And where did the summer go?
Tweet
And as I attempted to photograph the flowers, I discovered a young grackle who'd been hiding...
Then the papa grackle proceeded to make three fly-bys, coming within a foot of me each time. I mean, we're talkin' shades of Alfred Hitchcock, and Ma ain't jokin'.
And that's when I decided to go back indoors.
But not before I got another close-up.
In other news :-D only ONE MORE DAY of school with Nolan!
*cheers*
Then it's just some computer math drill for him over the summer.
Loren's Mayo check-up and Bible School next week...
Then a week's break...
Then the big Hoyt reunion...
July, which I think we actually have off...
Family camp...
Filling out forms for next school year...
Taking two kids off to college in opposite directions...
And where did the summer go?
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Hello Rebecca,
Thanks for your posts.
I have some Rugosa roses and don't they smell sweet? And they are so hale and hearty and able to put up with life. May we be as resilient thru the King of Kings -and fruitful, and smell beautiful to him in the midst. My son Josh married last week at Essenhaus- lovely ceremony.
Pray I get some writing done for a class.
God Bless, Nita
I read your email, Juanita :-)
It sounded like a nice ceremony and I have probably eaten at that very place, which has some of the yummiest food ever.
Post a Comment
<< Home