Breaking Christmas Music News
Ma has a new favorite song!
And it came from one of my bargain bin buys at the local Wal*Mart. Tenors' Chirstmas. Can't find a copy on Amazon to show you but for all you opera buffs out there--and I'm thinking especially of Thainamu--the particular number in question is:
Pietà Signore
That's the song you want to look for on the back of the CD. The CD with those three tenors...you know, José Cerreras, Plácido Domingo and...what's that guy's name....oh yeah, Pavarotti.
Course they didn't even give but one number to my favorite guy, Placido, and I haven't even listened to that yet because I keep playing Pavarotti's Pietà Signore over and over :-D
I was trying to look up the lyrics and having GREAT troubles. Couldn't figure out why Google wouldn't have the lowdown and after a snooze and further research I discovered the CD has spelled it wrong. 'Pieta Signora' instead of the above.
I did pull up a web page that asked, "Did you mean 'PUT YA SIGNS?'" However I decided the song I was looking for had been written before the whole concept of 'gang signs' had arisen.
Though I cannot be certain without further perusal of the matter.
In truth, the words are a prayerful plea for God not to send the person to...*insert favorite word for eternal punishment* And I'm not sure how that ties in with the Christmas theme exactly....but...
ANYWHO, with the correct spelling I was even able to find something on YouTube, though the sampling was meager.
This video is really just audio with lame pictures floating around. But the singer is accompanied by a pipe organ and you can at least get idea of the composition's beauty. Word of advice: you have to go past the 2 ½ minute point to get to the best part. Good things come to those who wait!
Tweet
And it came from one of my bargain bin buys at the local Wal*Mart. Tenors' Chirstmas. Can't find a copy on Amazon to show you but for all you opera buffs out there--and I'm thinking especially of Thainamu--the particular number in question is:
Pietà Signore
That's the song you want to look for on the back of the CD. The CD with those three tenors...you know, José Cerreras, Plácido Domingo and...what's that guy's name....oh yeah, Pavarotti.
Course they didn't even give but one number to my favorite guy, Placido, and I haven't even listened to that yet because I keep playing Pavarotti's Pietà Signore over and over :-D
I was trying to look up the lyrics and having GREAT troubles. Couldn't figure out why Google wouldn't have the lowdown and after a snooze and further research I discovered the CD has spelled it wrong. 'Pieta Signora' instead of the above.
I did pull up a web page that asked, "Did you mean 'PUT YA SIGNS?'" However I decided the song I was looking for had been written before the whole concept of 'gang signs' had arisen.
Though I cannot be certain without further perusal of the matter.
In truth, the words are a prayerful plea for God not to send the person to...*insert favorite word for eternal punishment* And I'm not sure how that ties in with the Christmas theme exactly....but...
ANYWHO, with the correct spelling I was even able to find something on YouTube, though the sampling was meager.
This video is really just audio with lame pictures floating around. But the singer is accompanied by a pipe organ and you can at least get idea of the composition's beauty. Word of advice: you have to go past the 2 ½ minute point to get to the best part. Good things come to those who wait!
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Yeah. I'm playing your video and my husband asks, "How did you suddenly get so cultured??"
Impressing the husband...
always a good thing.
As Ma Hoyt continues her quest to change the world, one blog post at a time.
(really Linda, I think that's awfully sweet that you actually played through it :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home