Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's a New Day

And on this day Ma vows not to eat any cinnamon toast or potato chips.

(One small step for a Ma, one giant leap for fatkind.)

To do this I will either exert extreme will power or take about five Benadryl and head back to bed.

Since the latter is not feasible and/or would be viewed askance by certain persons in the family and/or church, I shall be employing the first method.

Also on the docket is shopping with the two little boys in tow.

Can you say TOTAL STORE DESTRUCTION?

Okay...it's not NEARLY that bad :-)

My guys are pretty good little nippers, though sometimes distracting enough to cause me to forget some crucial item.

It doesn't even matter that it's written on my list...I can still forget to buy it or even not be able to read it.

However, the last time I took Trevor and Nolan I commandeered control of the shopping cart from "someone" after he'd run into me for the SECOND TIME (which one of the store clerks overheard) and then I went down the end of that aisle and nearly knocked several bottles of alcoholic beverage off the shelf. Naturally, the same clerk was present and good-naturedly brought this to my attention.

But basically I'm not expecting anything bad to happen, though if it does I may take pictures before they drag me away to the clink for allowing small children to dismantle a food display by pulling out the bottom fruit from the pyramid which the store was totally unreasonable to erect in the first place and expect it to stay standing for more than 20 seconds.

Whenever I despair of taking small children out to the store I just have to read from the blog of Dawn, who writes "BECAUSE I SAID SO!" and I feel much much better. Take yesterday's fer instance...

Yes, I've it easy even if I did have to wash all the bedding from the little boys TWICE this past week due to unfortunate lapses in bladder control....("You forgot to have me sit on the potty before bed...." "Oh I did not....I did?...")

On the holiday front, today is:

Wear Brown Shoes Day. I'll be doing my part and sincerely hope the rest of you can comply as there's no telling what could happen if we all don't wear brown shoes.

Today in History:

1680--Hen in Rome lays an egg imprinted with comet not seen until Dec 16th

Of course there were other events on this date in history but somehow the comet-on-the-egg deal seemed particularly striking.

And I have a few questions: Apparently the egg was kept for 13 days? And how did they remember what day it was laid on by the time the ol' comet made it's appearance on the 16th?

It doesn't pass the smell test, to my way of thinking. It's also a little late to verify.

Must finish school and such. It's a tricky thing taking anyone shopping who is of school age. You have to time it so you arrive at the store approximately when school would let out--to avoid weird glances and questions--and still be able to go three places and get home (30 minute commute) in time to have supper on the table by 6:15.

No pressure.

Ma's quote of the day:
"What luck for the rulers that men do not think."
-- Adolf Hitler
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home