Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

When the Pollsters Lose, the People Win

 
SOOooo funny! And this is not a comment concerning who won or lost in New Hampshire last night, but just a bit of glee that those who feel they bear the heavy burden of telling the public what the public is thinking, have blown it again.

Will they 'get it?' Probably not. They are more accustomed to messing with other peoples' minds than their own.
_________________

Onward to today! Haven't done the holiday thing for quite awhile. Too busy celebrating, I expect.

Today is:

Play God Day: Dear me! The political pundits must have had their dates mixed up. They celebrated early...

Balloon Ascension Day: the first balloon flight in America was launched from Philadelphia in 1993. History of balloon flight, here.

1799--First Income Tax....*sigh*

Won't go into "January is the month of..." at the moment.

Instead, proof that Ma is willing to try new recipes and yes, even send a chocolate bar to it's demise...


Better that one should perish, than all should have gas.
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I was just saying exactly the same thing today about how great it was that the pollsters were wrong. I get so annoyed with them...

I WANT THAT CHOCOLATE!!

1/09/2008 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Oops...too late.

1/09/2008 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Make sure you tell us how the chili turns out.

1/09/2008 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

We had this on caucus night, the 3rd.

I really couldn't tell you whether it tasted less acidic, without another bowl beside it made the regular way.

(probably not, even then)

I did take a second half bowl--perhaps emboldened by the chocolate--which I later mildly regretted.

1/09/2008 04:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home