It's Sweatin' Time, Again
Oooo baby, is it ever 'close' out there.
That's what Mom always used to say. Loren usually makes some remark whenever I use that term, which is why I try to say it as often as possible, just to drive him nuts.
Speaking of being depressed (I'm kidding...but of course, if I'm REALLY depressed, how could you tell if I WAS kidding? Makes you wonder...huh? I just love playing mind games...), I was reading one of my favorite Mommy Blogs this morning, the one by Dawn Sheehan. She's the lady who sold something on Ebay that her kids had slipped into the grocery cart and wrote such a funny episode about it that she got on TV and has a two-book deal with Guidposts and rights to a screenplay...
ANYWAY, she attended a conference recently, called 'Blogher' where lots of women who blog got together and had fun--half of which was getting away from home--and you know what? There are LOTS of moms out there blogging. Some even have 10 kids.
This confirmed in my mind something I'd already suspected...that I aman unknown loser just another one of many, who apparently has less than nil chances of ever getting published (and paid for it), there will be no fame and fortune or even the chance to help pay off medical bills or ever get ahead or...you know.
SO, I've decided to quit being an unpaid writer and go back to my former profession of being an unpaid mother and homeschool teacher...BUT, I do have the satisfaction of fixing up the yard after certain people from the electric or propane companies come and rip things apart.
There's just something about setting things aright, and getting filthy dirty in the process, that keeps me going.
And now that my rest break is over I return to my sweatage and toil...
Tweet
That's what Mom always used to say. Loren usually makes some remark whenever I use that term, which is why I try to say it as often as possible, just to drive him nuts.
Speaking of being depressed (I'm kidding...but of course, if I'm REALLY depressed, how could you tell if I WAS kidding? Makes you wonder...huh? I just love playing mind games...), I was reading one of my favorite Mommy Blogs this morning, the one by Dawn Sheehan. She's the lady who sold something on Ebay that her kids had slipped into the grocery cart and wrote such a funny episode about it that she got on TV and has a two-book deal with Guidposts and rights to a screenplay...
ANYWAY, she attended a conference recently, called 'Blogher' where lots of women who blog got together and had fun--half of which was getting away from home--and you know what? There are LOTS of moms out there blogging. Some even have 10 kids.
This confirmed in my mind something I'd already suspected...that I am
SO, I've decided to quit being an unpaid writer and go back to my former profession of being an unpaid mother and homeschool teacher...BUT, I do have the satisfaction of fixing up the yard after certain people from the electric or propane companies come and rip things apart.
There's just something about setting things aright, and getting filthy dirty in the process, that keeps me going.
And now that my rest break is over I return to my sweatage and toil...
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Mommy, you don't mean you're not writing articles any more?
Who cares how many moms of ten kids are out there writing (I doubt there are that many)... none of them are you, so they aren't as good, or funny.
Well, they have three of my articles that they haven't published, so while I'll probably send in more as time goes by (and inspiration hits) I won't be writing any more immediately until they publish one of the three they have on tap.
But basically, I was referring to the idea that I would ever earn something by writing.
Newspapers are going down the tube and there are scads of people out there with large families who like to write and produce occasionally humorous offerings.
I need a new rationale...
Post a Comment
<< Home