Another Monday
This week officially marks the halfway point of our school year. It cannot end too soon, as far as I'm concerned. But it also has to end on a good note. So there's no time for burnout by Ma nor students (there is no truth to the rumor that I've made a cross-off sheet counting down the days until Trevor goes to college).
I've received the practice test booklet for the fourth grade Iowa Test of Basic Skills that I ordered. I figure by doing 4 pages per day I can get ne'er-do-well Nolan through it before testing, the middle of March. That kid is gonna do better on testing this year and that's THAT.
If I can just read to him more, it would help his vocabulary. But I can't reward him with that when he wastes time staring off into space instead of finishing his math.
I don't suppose the Iowa Department of Education cares that the first five kids got academic scholarships.
___________
Continuing on our journey down The Long, Long Road Back to Ma, I stepped on the scale this morning and have lost another pound :-)
That makes a 3 pounds lost in the last week and a half. The first time I stepped on the scale this morning it was actually down another half pound, but then I had one of those funny ideas pop in my head, "Ma, what if you were mistaken and reversed two of the numbers....better check again." So I did, and that's when it read half a pound higher, so I stopped. That stupid scale is not gonna get the better of me!
Staying off the bagels and chips has been good. And I didn't even have to tie myself to the mast, like Ulysses. (well, maybe just one day...)
This week I'll try to increase my daily exercise--4 miles already this morning--and eat more power oatmeal breakfasts.
____________
Guess that's enough whining/reporting for now. Other people have it worse, and that reminds me...
...thank you for continued prayers for Aaron Severs and his family.
Tweet
I've received the practice test booklet for the fourth grade Iowa Test of Basic Skills that I ordered. I figure by doing 4 pages per day I can get ne'er-do-well Nolan through it before testing, the middle of March. That kid is gonna do better on testing this year and that's THAT.
If I can just read to him more, it would help his vocabulary. But I can't reward him with that when he wastes time staring off into space instead of finishing his math.
I don't suppose the Iowa Department of Education cares that the first five kids got academic scholarships.
___________
Continuing on our journey down The Long, Long Road Back to Ma, I stepped on the scale this morning and have lost another pound :-)
That makes a 3 pounds lost in the last week and a half. The first time I stepped on the scale this morning it was actually down another half pound, but then I had one of those funny ideas pop in my head, "Ma, what if you were mistaken and reversed two of the numbers....better check again." So I did, and that's when it read half a pound higher, so I stopped. That stupid scale is not gonna get the better of me!
Staying off the bagels and chips has been good. And I didn't even have to tie myself to the mast, like Ulysses. (well, maybe just one day...)
This week I'll try to increase my daily exercise--4 miles already this morning--and eat more power oatmeal breakfasts.
____________
Guess that's enough whining/reporting for now. Other people have it worse, and that reminds me...
...thank you for continued prayers for Aaron Severs and his family.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home