Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, January 12, 2009

But at least I have my sanity

We have here the reenactment of a crime scene.
I had to move it to better lighting since my flash no longer works, but I think you get the idea....part of my snake plant on the floor...a nice clean cut...no effort to conceal the evidence.

It's a cry for help, really. It's saying, "Mommy? My name is Nolan and I want to buy you a new houseplant."

Alright then, Nolan. I'll be sure and look for something really expensive.

Good grief. It's not like Nolan and Trevor hadn't done that very same thing a couple of years ago. What is it about boys that makes them want to destroy things? And are these really the people who should be running the world?

___________________

But speaking of bright, young collegiates, Kendra received all A's for the fall semester, with two of the courses having 'chemestry' as part of their name. What can I say? I taught the girl everything she knows.

It is interesting to note that barely two days after Kendra arrived home for Christmas break, we had our first blizzard.

Fast forward 4 weeks....Kendra returns to Grace soon, and yet another blizzard is in the offing.

A coincidence? I think not.

It is already starting to snow...
...with winds scheduled to whip up this afternoon. The barometer reads 29.55 and winds are are 19mph.

Ma is SOOOOoo glad she did the Monday shopping on Saturday!

We have enough milk, eggs and cocoa to ride out any storm, as long as it doesn't last more than a couple days and we don't lose power.

Whether there is enough ibuprofen and acetaminophen to combat ongoing headaches, remains to be seen...
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

Wednesday is supposed to be even more awesome.

1/13/2009 08:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home