Purdy Birdies
Another Ma-dream fulfilled. The grosbeak that the kids saw last year, without me, came back and stayed long enough to be snapped!
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

Another joyful encounter, the White-Throated Sparrow stopped by...
..on his way up to Canada, for the summer.
And my old friend, the House Finch :-)

Such a gorgeous day! Seems as though excitement just piles up upon excitement, of late. Though Ardith's engagement goes into a slightly higher echelon than the grosbeak, hee, hee.
Ma has been out in the garden, a-diggin' in preparation for Trevor's red peppers and cabbage plants which we hope to pick up locally, later today.
I may even get something done for my herb garden...we'll see.
In the meantime, Nolan's setting new records for how slowly he can accomplish his math. Very frustrating for me when I wish to be working at something rewarding, outside, and have to keep coming in and checking up on the king-of-distractability.
It's gonna rain tomorrow and the out-of-doors calls to me.
Tweet
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
Another joyful encounter, the White-Throated Sparrow stopped by...
And my old friend, the House Finch :-)
Such a gorgeous day! Seems as though excitement just piles up upon excitement, of late. Though Ardith's engagement goes into a slightly higher echelon than the grosbeak, hee, hee.
Ma has been out in the garden, a-diggin' in preparation for Trevor's red peppers and cabbage plants which we hope to pick up locally, later today.
I may even get something done for my herb garden...we'll see.
In the meantime, Nolan's setting new records for how slowly he can accomplish his math. Very frustrating for me when I wish to be working at something rewarding, outside, and have to keep coming in and checking up on the king-of-distractability.
It's gonna rain tomorrow and the out-of-doors calls to me.
Tweet

The Progeny
6 Comments:
I love your photos! I think I need to set up a couple more bird feeders and see if I can entice some new friends to stop by.
The Rose-Breasted Grosbeak was always one of my favorites as a kid, but rare!
Tim
Hey, it took me 50 years!
Do you have a life list? And if so, what is the total? Or are you find that keeping tracks detracts from the enjoyment?
Tim
Thainamu in Texas has been encouraging me to get on that with Birdstack, I believe.
It's one of those things I SHOULD do, but I don't know how much time it would take to keep track. Do you?
I like getting a picture up on the blog because, besides the enjoyment of seeing them over again, it always makes me feel like I have "proof."
It does sound suspiciously like cleaning out the closets. Life would be more organized, but do I really want to start?
Twas easier when you just put a check mark on the list in the back of the bird book. Now I'm pretty sure you have to register and get a password on one of several on-line listing services; you MUST have the highest security systems and firewalls in place - these birders are terrible; change the password every two weeks; every month or two you update the software; don't forget the memory it uses up. Oh, it all just got so complicated I gave it up. But seriously, if you have a Peterson bird guide, there's a list in the back, or the front, or ...
oh just look it up on Wikipedia.
Tim
Post a Comment
<< Home