Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today's Accomplishments


  • Completed school
  • Ordered Nolan and Trevor's ITBS prep books
  • Worked with Ethan to clear the big drift in the driveway
  • Did the weekly shopping and got home early enough to....
  • ...take a nap!
  • Tried a new artificial sweetener: "Truvia" (yum :-)
  • Performed a quick clean on part of the fridge
  • Decided on French Toast for supper
  • Contemplated how much I could eat and not kill my diet progress, coupled with after supper treadmill time

We got safely out of the driveway. My new method involves using a 3-point turn in front of the garage to prevent the need for backing out, since the turnaround is FILLED with snow. Tomorrow I may go out and start pounding the ice with the sledge hammer. It makes me a little nervous negotiating past the vehicles with all the refrozen meltage. Just a little too close for comfort.

The roads were not bad, though some places on the rural highways were not yet cleared to two lanes. I saw numerous places we would have been trapped had we made it off the gravel roads, yesterday.

At least we've replenished the peanut butter, eggs and cheese! Some things are hard to get along without, for us softies.

And Ritz crackers. I believe Ethan would be lost without his mid-morning snack of crackers, peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Internet-wise, our provider is having some problems, so Ma is back on the modem, at the moment. But on the bright side, we're saved the hassle of those taped calls.

Now, I really must water my plants. This dying herbage around the house does my reputation no good.

I sure could use a decent housekeeper.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

To be technical, Truvia is actually a natural sweetener, as explained on their website. ;D I love stevia (truvia is made from stevia leaves), although I have been using agave nectar a lot recently instead. I can find it here for cheap, cheap, cheap compared to in Iowa.

1/26/2010 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

You're right, it's probably not "really" artificial. It tastes so good that I find it hard to believe it has no calories. And anything that has no calories is supposed to be fake, right?

The first time I put it in my tea it was so sweet I had to add another tea bag to balance it out.

1/26/2010 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Wow! You had to add a tea bag? Sounds like a killer to me. I'm not touching it.

1/27/2010 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home