Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Achy

Thanks go out to Billy Ray What's-his-name for the definitive spelling of "achy."

Couldn't find it on dictionary.com so I did the next best thing and consulted country music, that bastion of civility and urbane....stuff.

On to the good:

--got school done in decent time

--hacked away at the driveway for pert near 2.5 or more hours, not all in one session. Made significant progress in widening the curve and the rest of the main drive. Also leveled off a few raised ruts. These ruts occurred when we had our only thaw, creating deep slush that I got stuck in going to church. The ruts quickly refroze, becoming two tracks in which to align the wheels. The ice is pervasive and it has been annoying.

On the bad:

Having significant problems getting Nolan to pay attention to his computer game time limits. After the halcyon days of Christmas vacation and little supervision, Ma re-instigated the rules, even buying an extra timer.

The problem is, he ignores the beeping timer and just keeps playing. So I've decreased his total time by 15 minutes for several days in a row, and tomorrow he has a grand total of 30 instead of the original 75. And I told him that if he blows it tomorrow, he is nixed from game time for the entire weekend. 'Twould be a fell blow, since the allowance is at a premium on Saturday and Sunday.

On the achy:

The pick ax is a fine invention for clearing ice, but is somewhat lacking in the area of promoting non-sore muscles.

I foresee more lovely pain medication as well as mucho resto tomorrowo.

And Friday being weigh-in day, I sincerely hope there is something worthwhile to report after all my labors this week.

Only 12 more hours and we'll know...
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Tomorrowo. That has got to be the most awkward-to-say invented word I've heard yet!

2/04/2010 09:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Yes, but no one said language would be easy.

2/04/2010 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

after all that work with the pick axe, I'd be surprised if there wasn't good news for you on the scale!

2/04/2010 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

(oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please....)

2/04/2010 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home