Woo-ee!
Is this big, fat Ma ever tired. No, it's not the title of a new movie, it's just how I feel after tramping through ravines this morning while the boys finished up testing.
Now we wait until the end of April for the results. That should give us enough time to get into the Witness Protection Program if "someone's" scores aren't up to snuff. "Someone" was ratted out by his brother and seen filling in a few answers without looking at the questions. Again. But I'm told "it was just a couple," so maybe we can keep our identities.
Still, I might as well work up a remedial education plan, just in case...
Ma went to Tower Rock Park this morning. It's close to Pine Lake but gets it's name from...get this...a rock bluff that towers over the Iowa River.
It reminded people of a steamboat, long ago, and thus the town of Steamboat Rock was born.
Yes, Ma traipsed over hill and dale and she's got the sore muscles to prove it. Heard and saw a slew of woodpeckers and cardinals, but my pictures aren't yet where I want them to be because I haven't finished reading the manual for the "new" camera. Something's different about the focus.
It was either that, or the older gentleman with his dog that stopped to talk and scared away the birds.
*sigh*
But at least I got the lowdown on his dog's ear infection and witnessed it gagging and heard that it still has an appetite so its food must be passing through OK.
Can you say, "Too much information, sir?"
In other news, when Loren upgraded my computer he also put on a newer version of IM, and that means I lost all my "away" messages. That's ok. Some of them were out of date. Especially the ones that said I was thin and happy, ha, ha.
After the nap that was interrupted by "someone" who can't deal with being blasted in a computer game, I went out and pruned the cherry trees and hacked some more offa the pears. One of these days I may have to take a saw and do something drastic. They are so tall that no one can reach the tops to pick fruit.
Tomorrow is another big day, partly because I've called off school for the three youngest. After the past month's preparation for testing, I couldn't bring myself to sit down and do anything. I figure their brains are burned out, anyway.
I'm going shopping, instead. There are those three bags to drop off at Goodwill and chocolate chips to buy and.....other important stuff.
And now for the all important "putting kids to bed."
Free for the next 10 hours!
Tweet
Now we wait until the end of April for the results. That should give us enough time to get into the Witness Protection Program if "someone's" scores aren't up to snuff. "Someone" was ratted out by his brother and seen filling in a few answers without looking at the questions. Again. But I'm told "it was just a couple," so maybe we can keep our identities.
Still, I might as well work up a remedial education plan, just in case...
Ma went to Tower Rock Park this morning. It's close to Pine Lake but gets it's name from...get this...a rock bluff that towers over the Iowa River.
It reminded people of a steamboat, long ago, and thus the town of Steamboat Rock was born.
Yes, Ma traipsed over hill and dale and she's got the sore muscles to prove it. Heard and saw a slew of woodpeckers and cardinals, but my pictures aren't yet where I want them to be because I haven't finished reading the manual for the "new" camera. Something's different about the focus.
It was either that, or the older gentleman with his dog that stopped to talk and scared away the birds.
*sigh*
But at least I got the lowdown on his dog's ear infection and witnessed it gagging and heard that it still has an appetite so its food must be passing through OK.
Can you say, "Too much information, sir?"
In other news, when Loren upgraded my computer he also put on a newer version of IM, and that means I lost all my "away" messages. That's ok. Some of them were out of date. Especially the ones that said I was thin and happy, ha, ha.
After the nap that was interrupted by "someone" who can't deal with being blasted in a computer game, I went out and pruned the cherry trees and hacked some more offa the pears. One of these days I may have to take a saw and do something drastic. They are so tall that no one can reach the tops to pick fruit.
Tomorrow is another big day, partly because I've called off school for the three youngest. After the past month's preparation for testing, I couldn't bring myself to sit down and do anything. I figure their brains are burned out, anyway.
I'm going shopping, instead. There are those three bags to drop off at Goodwill and chocolate chips to buy and.....other important stuff.
And now for the all important "putting kids to bed."
Free for the next 10 hours!
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home