Please...
NO BREAKFAST IN BED.
I'm not one of those mothers who's ever been given breakfast in bed, thankfully !
No, when I wake up, my first thought is: "Where is the bathroom and how can I get there without anyone seeing how bad I look?"
My second thought is: "Did I remember to fold the laundry? Is there, in fact, any clean underwear in my drawers?" (ha ha, just a bit of British humour, there)
My first action is to carefully procure my glasses without knocking them to the floor or behind the bed so that I have to stumble downstairs to get my old glasses before coming back upstairs to find my current glasses. Yes, I am that blind.
My second action is to get out of bed--assuming I can see--find my robe and pull up the covers.
My third action is to grab my book and clothes and head for the bathroom (hey, it's the only place in the house where no one can follow you, HELLO!).
My last action before going downstairs is to look in the mirror, refrain from cringing, and try to make my hair semi-presentable, or at least vaguely shy of scaring the family.
No, I do not want breakfast in bed.
Never have.
Never will.
Time to myself in a bed-n-breakfast?
Now THAT I could handle.
Tweet
I'm not one of those mothers who's ever been given breakfast in bed, thankfully !
No, when I wake up, my first thought is: "Where is the bathroom and how can I get there without anyone seeing how bad I look?"
My second thought is: "Did I remember to fold the laundry? Is there, in fact, any clean underwear in my drawers?" (ha ha, just a bit of British humour, there)
My first action is to carefully procure my glasses without knocking them to the floor or behind the bed so that I have to stumble downstairs to get my old glasses before coming back upstairs to find my current glasses. Yes, I am that blind.
My second action is to get out of bed--assuming I can see--find my robe and pull up the covers.
My third action is to grab my book and clothes and head for the bathroom (hey, it's the only place in the house where no one can follow you, HELLO!).
My last action before going downstairs is to look in the mirror, refrain from cringing, and try to make my hair semi-presentable, or at least vaguely shy of scaring the family.
No, I do not want breakfast in bed.
Never have.
Never will.
Time to myself in a bed-n-breakfast?
Now THAT I could handle.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
I think the worst is when you look all over the house for your glasses only to find them by sweeping your hand across the spot where you have already looked at least 3 times. You just couldn't see them there. And I'm not even that blind yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home