Monday, Monday
The horizon brightens and a flock of cheery black-birds recoil to the trees, startled by my abrupt tug of the curtain.
I gaze out the window, my eyes arrested by the morning sun illuminating winter's leftover skid-loader marks on the lawn.
It's spring, again, in Iowa.
Shuffling downstairs I behold my reason for waking early. It is the lad, finishing up his breakfast and much of the remaining milk, oblivious to shortfall for remaining siblings. And even, that breakfast was to be an egg & bagel, not cereal.
No matter! Time to mix up the protein drink. That pleasing medley of skim milk and chocolate-flavored soy powder.
YUM! Just another reason for getting out of bed, each day.
But what is this? It falls out of my hand and crashes to the floor. But wait, it does not break! And the lid stays on, preventing a nasty spill.
Time to resume shaking the mixture, blending...mixing...shaking....
*splat*
Now THAT was refreshing! Cold milk and brown splotches, all over my person.
I feel just like a canvas, newly adorned for the coming week.
Can life get any better than this?
Tweet
I gaze out the window, my eyes arrested by the morning sun illuminating winter's leftover skid-loader marks on the lawn.
It's spring, again, in Iowa.
Shuffling downstairs I behold my reason for waking early. It is the lad, finishing up his breakfast and much of the remaining milk, oblivious to shortfall for remaining siblings. And even, that breakfast was to be an egg & bagel, not cereal.
No matter! Time to mix up the protein drink. That pleasing medley of skim milk and chocolate-flavored soy powder.
YUM! Just another reason for getting out of bed, each day.
But what is this? It falls out of my hand and crashes to the floor. But wait, it does not break! And the lid stays on, preventing a nasty spill.
Time to resume shaking the mixture, blending...mixing...shaking....
*splat*
Now THAT was refreshing! Cold milk and brown splotches, all over my person.
I feel just like a canvas, newly adorned for the coming week.
Can life get any better than this?
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
Are we allowed to laugh? Maybe just chuckle a little? I mean...that's SAD. But they say there's no use crying over spilt milk. That's what they say, anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home