Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Biopsy Day

Another heart biopsy, today. The orders specified an angiogram, but after calling back and forth they told Loren, "Nope, it's a biopsy." We just received word not long ago that it showed zero rejection! Naturally, we are very pleased.

Tomorrow is another early day, with an echo scheduled, as well as Rehab, and the usual coordinator and doctor visits. I should be able to get a decent start on "Anna Karenina," by Tolstoy. Looking forward to reading it, despite the miniscule print.

I finished my first (and probably last :-) Louis L'Amour book today, "Showdown at Yellow Butte." I think it's the adult alternative to the Hardy Boys. Sort of. I enjoyed reading about Captain Tom Kedrick, who always stood ramrod straight, could fight equally well with hands or guns, and just in general typified your average western fellow of sinewy strength who stands up for the little guy, takes care of the bad guys, and marries the pretty girl. And somehow, he spreads it over 150 pages.

And, as if that were not enough, I ran across the word, "hombre."(which is Spanish for "Clint Eastwood") Only 9 lessons, and this study del espaƱol is already starting to pay amazing dividends.

Ol' Louis may only be pulp fiction, but he's got Hemingway beat, hands down, far and away, above and beyond, from here to eternity.

This is Ma Hoyt, over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home