The Joys of the Mundane
We had another great visit with the kids, yesterday. It was so fun to be home and do ordinary things again. Things like juggling questions from "several children" at the dinner table, washing dishes and just sitting around to talk and laugh.
Trevor even gave me a great big hug this time. (he was a little uncertain on Christmas day, but soon warmed up) That little boy is so cooperative, he even climbs up on the changing table when it's time for a new diaper. Then he let me put him down for nap. He picks out a book, walks up to the boys' room, turns on the fan and then sits in my lap for the story.
After that, he crawls obediently into bed, while I pull up his blankie and sing a couple of songs. The eyelids start to sag and blink, which calls for turning over so he can pop them wide open, again. The little mouth twitches in that funny way, so he can adjust his lips just right. And before you know it, he's asleep, the little dear. I was tempted to crawl right in with him, just so I could watch him breathe and drink up his cuteness for a while. What a little bunny :-)
________________________
A very quiet day at the start of this new year. I ventured out to get a few groceries and put air in a leaky tire, which was down to 10 pounds. There was a nasty mix of snow pellets and freezing rain, but I only had to scrape the windshield three or four times. It helped when I remembered there was such a thing as a defroster. The first gas station was closed, and the air hose managed to draw air out instead of put air in. Having now only 7 pounds left, I limped down to another service station. The visibility en route was low, but at least the air pump actually worked. That was fortunate, since I was not looking forward to blowing it up to 30 pounds with my bare lips.
With my usual diplomacy, I convinced Loren it might be wise to put off our trip to Wal-Mart for his new watch. "I'm not going out in that again!"
We watched TV, instead. They were running all the first episodes of the old comedies, so we got to see most of "Green Acres," and "I Love Lucy," while exercising. Then we came up from the basement and watched "Kate and Leopold," and "You've Got Mail." I think it was a Meg Ryan theme, or something. More sitting around and vegetating. You'd think it was a holiday, or something.
Tomorrow, Loren is scheduled for another Cyto-Gam infusion. Should take around 3 hours. Four, if you include de-icing the car.
*yawn*
When things get so dull that you bore yourself, it's time to stop.
Tweet
Trevor even gave me a great big hug this time. (he was a little uncertain on Christmas day, but soon warmed up) That little boy is so cooperative, he even climbs up on the changing table when it's time for a new diaper. Then he let me put him down for nap. He picks out a book, walks up to the boys' room, turns on the fan and then sits in my lap for the story.
After that, he crawls obediently into bed, while I pull up his blankie and sing a couple of songs. The eyelids start to sag and blink, which calls for turning over so he can pop them wide open, again. The little mouth twitches in that funny way, so he can adjust his lips just right. And before you know it, he's asleep, the little dear. I was tempted to crawl right in with him, just so I could watch him breathe and drink up his cuteness for a while. What a little bunny :-)
________________________
A very quiet day at the start of this new year. I ventured out to get a few groceries and put air in a leaky tire, which was down to 10 pounds. There was a nasty mix of snow pellets and freezing rain, but I only had to scrape the windshield three or four times. It helped when I remembered there was such a thing as a defroster. The first gas station was closed, and the air hose managed to draw air out instead of put air in. Having now only 7 pounds left, I limped down to another service station. The visibility en route was low, but at least the air pump actually worked. That was fortunate, since I was not looking forward to blowing it up to 30 pounds with my bare lips.
With my usual diplomacy, I convinced Loren it might be wise to put off our trip to Wal-Mart for his new watch. "I'm not going out in that again!"
We watched TV, instead. They were running all the first episodes of the old comedies, so we got to see most of "Green Acres," and "I Love Lucy," while exercising. Then we came up from the basement and watched "Kate and Leopold," and "You've Got Mail." I think it was a Meg Ryan theme, or something. More sitting around and vegetating. You'd think it was a holiday, or something.
Tomorrow, Loren is scheduled for another Cyto-Gam infusion. Should take around 3 hours. Four, if you include de-icing the car.
*yawn*
When things get so dull that you bore yourself, it's time to stop.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home