It's SAT time!
So, Jason takes the SAT tomorrow. To celebrate, I've put all the kids to bed early, which basically means they are not getting to sleep as late as usual. Another couple of years and I'll have this parenting thing all worked out.
In anticipation of an early morning, I have set my alarm for 5:40. How I de-spise getting up before the sun. Thankfully, I found a testing site only an hour away, or I would be getting up at 4:30. This cannot be conducive to clear thinking on the part of testees.
After it is all over, Jason and I will console our poor brains with lunch at Arby's. (the real reason we do this) His brain will be tired from testing, and mine will be strained from thinking supportive telepathic thoughts. And to think, after all that, I shall STILL have to undergo the stress of eating tasty chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce. All in the hopes of helping to soothe the testing fatigue of my son.
*sigh*
It's a sacrifice, but somebody has to do it...
He has been prepping all this week, taking practice tests and working on essays every day. So, tonight I tossed him the borrowed "Standard Deviants'" tapes and said, "Here, you might as well listen to these, too." Most of the other kids sat around listening and enjoying it, also. Especially the part about, "Remember, don't wait till the last minute to watch and cram for the test. Spend the Friday night before your test just relaxing...."
OOPS :-D
While he's testing, I'm going to do a little shopping, compare the prices of chocolate, and perhaps find an internet cafe and email Kofi Annan, or something.
Or, maybe I'll just take along a pillow and sleep in the parking lot.... Tweet
In anticipation of an early morning, I have set my alarm for 5:40. How I de-spise getting up before the sun. Thankfully, I found a testing site only an hour away, or I would be getting up at 4:30. This cannot be conducive to clear thinking on the part of testees.
After it is all over, Jason and I will console our poor brains with lunch at Arby's. (the real reason we do this) His brain will be tired from testing, and mine will be strained from thinking supportive telepathic thoughts. And to think, after all that, I shall STILL have to undergo the stress of eating tasty chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce. All in the hopes of helping to soothe the testing fatigue of my son.
*sigh*
It's a sacrifice, but somebody has to do it...
He has been prepping all this week, taking practice tests and working on essays every day. So, tonight I tossed him the borrowed "Standard Deviants'" tapes and said, "Here, you might as well listen to these, too." Most of the other kids sat around listening and enjoying it, also. Especially the part about, "Remember, don't wait till the last minute to watch and cram for the test. Spend the Friday night before your test just relaxing...."
OOPS :-D
While he's testing, I'm going to do a little shopping, compare the prices of chocolate, and perhaps find an internet cafe and email Kofi Annan, or something.
Or, maybe I'll just take along a pillow and sleep in the parking lot.... Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home