Monday, Monday...so Glasses to Me
I took the three kids who were getting new glasses over to the eye doctor, having managed to work in a make-up appointment for me, at the same time. Looks like I'll be getting an upgrade to the reading section of my trifocals.
Ethan has now fallen victim to the myopic heritage of his parents, but we'll wait to plaster his picture all over the blog until I can trim his bushy flat top, a bit.
Just as soon as I work up the energy. Energy being in short supply, right about now. I slog through each day, but never have seemed to regain 'good feelings' of before the great cough of January/February, 2009.
Perhaps that iron pill I took today will help. All those changes I made earlier: cutting out the Benadryl, cutting out chips and pop, cutting out bagels and 50% of my bread...doesn't seem to have born much fruit. Or perhaps the progress to weight loss was truncated with the onset of coughingness.
ANYWAY, I'll have to start a new Long Road Back to Ma pretty soon, because just continuing out the former one would bring the stunning results of a net loss of five pounds over 20 weeks, which seems rather pathetic.
But first I need to get through the next seven days, which involves an early morning wake-up on Monday (27th) to get Derek and Carolyn down to their cardiology appointments in Iowa City. 4:00 is the intended time of arising, so that should be really fun and necessitate one or two of the formerly forbidden diet Cokes on the way down.
In the meanwhile, we shall continue plowing through the week, because that is what we must do!
Now, for your enjoyment and amusement, here is a picture of my family when I was a little nipper...
...excuse the poor quality, but I was taking it off an old photo at Mom's house, and had to go over to a bright window since my flash no longer works, not that it's a great problem or anything, infringing on my taking indoor pictures of say...the kids or birthdays or important stuff to note for posterity.
You can see Mom and Dad on the left and right, respectively. That is my oldest brother, Doug, in between them. Straight down is the next in age, brother Solly, and then off to the right is my sister Nancy. Down in front is my youngest oldest brother, Tim, and that is me on the left, in the plaid dress with the rather severe bangs :-D
I was the youngest of the clan. It must have been taken around my kindergarten year, or shortly before, since I got glasses, the summer preceding 1st grade. Actually, I could have been 4, since my brother, Tim, doesn't have glasses in this picture, either.
Don't I look alert?
Alert and smug. Yep, that was me.
Tweet
Ethan has now fallen victim to the myopic heritage of his parents, but we'll wait to plaster his picture all over the blog until I can trim his bushy flat top, a bit.
Just as soon as I work up the energy. Energy being in short supply, right about now. I slog through each day, but never have seemed to regain 'good feelings' of before the great cough of January/February, 2009.
Perhaps that iron pill I took today will help. All those changes I made earlier: cutting out the Benadryl, cutting out chips and pop, cutting out bagels and 50% of my bread...doesn't seem to have born much fruit. Or perhaps the progress to weight loss was truncated with the onset of coughingness.
ANYWAY, I'll have to start a new Long Road Back to Ma pretty soon, because just continuing out the former one would bring the stunning results of a net loss of five pounds over 20 weeks, which seems rather pathetic.
But first I need to get through the next seven days, which involves an early morning wake-up on Monday (27th) to get Derek and Carolyn down to their cardiology appointments in Iowa City. 4:00 is the intended time of arising, so that should be really fun and necessitate one or two of the formerly forbidden diet Cokes on the way down.
In the meanwhile, we shall continue plowing through the week, because that is what we must do!
Now, for your enjoyment and amusement, here is a picture of my family when I was a little nipper...
You can see Mom and Dad on the left and right, respectively. That is my oldest brother, Doug, in between them. Straight down is the next in age, brother Solly, and then off to the right is my sister Nancy. Down in front is my youngest oldest brother, Tim, and that is me on the left, in the plaid dress with the rather severe bangs :-D
I was the youngest of the clan. It must have been taken around my kindergarten year, or shortly before, since I got glasses, the summer preceding 1st grade. Actually, I could have been 4, since my brother, Tim, doesn't have glasses in this picture, either.
Don't I look alert?
Alert and smug. Yep, that was me.
Tweet

The Progeny
9 Comments:
Alert. Smug. And apparently looking cross-eyed at the person handling the camera.
Wow. Trying to drive people nuts even at that tender age. Funny how things stay the same over the years.
On the same ocular note, how is Ethan bearing up under this devastating blow?
Kendra
How did Trevor manage to show up in this picture is what I want to know? It would appear he is the spittin' image of Tim.
What a find, Mommy!
I also thought that practically all the boys in our family strongly resemble Uncle Tim in this photo.
Mommy, you are now the spittin' image of Grandma then.
As for which of us kids look like you did... I would have to say Ardith or Kendra.
Everyone looks pretty normal, but I understand there is a lot you can do w/ photo alteration these days.
Tim
Terry said:
"How did Trevor manage to show up in this picture is what I want to know?"
Since there may be children reading this blog, we do not want to go into the details because they may find it disturbing. Also we are thinking about making a movie of it. Suffice it to say that Trevor recalls nothing about his travel back and forth through time.
Wowee...when last I looked there were no comments!
Anyway, yes, I think Trevor, Jason and Ethan take after my side of the family. Derek and Nolan remind me of Grandpa Hoyt.
Also, I have an old picture of Loren--reminds self to get that up--which I think looks a lot like Tim, too. There seems to have been some coincidental similarities between them.
As for YOU, Kendra...that comment about being cross-eyed has put your will status in jeopardy! You had better well walk softly, young lady, not to mention offer many presents and gifts of chocolate.
Sharon...I think Mom would have been about 44 or 45 in this picture, since I was born when she was 40.
Tim...I promise, no alterations. And that was quite the snazzy suit jacket!
As for the last anonymous comment...I'll give you 24 hours to identify yourself or I'll be forced to excise said comment. Not that there's anything bad in it, we just like to have ID. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you forgot to include your name.
"As for the last anonymous comment...I'll give you 24 hours to identify yourself or I'll be forced to excise said comment."
24 hrs? You think we have nothing better to do but check this blog?
Apologies - I forgot to sign.
Tim
I knew that was you, Uncle Tim!
Ha ha, my bro!
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound heavy handed.
I figured it was something like that.
We just wanted to make sure everything was on the level.
Post a Comment
<< Home