Kendra Turns 20 !
Or as she stated herself, "Starting my 3rd decade."
Hmmmm, since she's 20 and I'm 50, it seems like another one of those mathematical relationships that would involve the daughter taking the mother out to dinner.
Sorry for the delay in posting Kendra's birthday. We celebrated one day late, since she had to work on Tuesday (the 30th) but not Wednesday (July 1). It also worked out nicely with me attending my fascinating bug seminar in Ft. Dodge.
What does not work out so nicely, is typing with cuts on about 4 finger tips, some fingers with more than one cut. Next time, WEAR GLOVES when picking driveway rocks out of the burn pile.
On to El Birthdayo!
Kendra had mercy upon her chère maman and picked burritos for her birthday meal.
Espcecially appropriate since Melinda and I were off to the courthouse that day for mulching.
I also left out the recipe for the pound cake dessert, which Kendra nicely picked up on, hint-wise (or, she might have read my note...we must not belittle the intelligence of these college students!).
At any rate, when I got home, late, all that was left was assigning kids to cut up stuffs, with me performing the herculean task of browning the hamburger and applying my secret taco seasonings. You know, the kind that come in those little packets at the grocery store.
FINALLY everyone was done eating, no small task when you are waiting for certain people to PERFECTLY arrange the innards of their second massive burrito.
Here is Kendra blowing out the candles, carefully placed in the cracks on top of the cake.
Notice Ethan in the background, unable to keep from blowing, himself...
First present, a piano book of Dvorak dances.

Jane Austen: Obstinate Heart. (no, Kendra, I was not implying ANYTHING)
It's just supposed to be a good biography.
Three music CD's: one of Broadway tunes, Dances and Marches, and GLAD, singing Gershwin.

We listened to the GLAD CD after supper. Different. Some songs I liked better than others. And I have to say, it sounded a LITTLE strange hearing that contemporary gospel group sing, Embraceable You, "Don't be a naughty baby, come to papa, come to papa, do..."
Hee, hee.
Ah, good times.
Tweet
Hmmmm, since she's 20 and I'm 50, it seems like another one of those mathematical relationships that would involve the daughter taking the mother out to dinner.
Sorry for the delay in posting Kendra's birthday. We celebrated one day late, since she had to work on Tuesday (the 30th) but not Wednesday (July 1). It also worked out nicely with me attending my fascinating bug seminar in Ft. Dodge.
What does not work out so nicely, is typing with cuts on about 4 finger tips, some fingers with more than one cut. Next time, WEAR GLOVES when picking driveway rocks out of the burn pile.
On to El Birthdayo!
Kendra had mercy upon her chère maman and picked burritos for her birthday meal.
Espcecially appropriate since Melinda and I were off to the courthouse that day for mulching.
I also left out the recipe for the pound cake dessert, which Kendra nicely picked up on, hint-wise (or, she might have read my note...we must not belittle the intelligence of these college students!).
At any rate, when I got home, late, all that was left was assigning kids to cut up stuffs, with me performing the herculean task of browning the hamburger and applying my secret taco seasonings. You know, the kind that come in those little packets at the grocery store.
FINALLY everyone was done eating, no small task when you are waiting for certain people to PERFECTLY arrange the innards of their second massive burrito.
Here is Kendra blowing out the candles, carefully placed in the cracks on top of the cake.
First present, a piano book of Dvorak dances.
Jane Austen: Obstinate Heart. (no, Kendra, I was not implying ANYTHING)
Three music CD's: one of Broadway tunes, Dances and Marches, and GLAD, singing Gershwin.
We listened to the GLAD CD after supper. Different. Some songs I liked better than others. And I have to say, it sounded a LITTLE strange hearing that contemporary gospel group sing, Embraceable You, "Don't be a naughty baby, come to papa, come to papa, do..."
Hee, hee.
Ah, good times.
Tweet

The Progeny
6 Comments:
Nice wrapping paper.
And I love GLAD, but I've not heard that album.
I ALWAYS use Christmas wrapping paper. I'm so cheap I coulda been a missionary....
I prefer GLAD with their usual contemporary gospel, and even then, I think some of their arrangements are overdone to the point of being so rhythmic that they are distracting from the message. But I like most of their stuff.
In this Gershwin CD, there was a medley that was particularly nice.
I enjoyed spending time with one of your other daughters today! She was so sweet to drive a coupla hours to come and see me.
You have heard of Chapter 6, no? I haven't listened to their newer stuff, but have heard some of their first recordings.
I have not heard of Chapter 6. When I'm listening to the radio, contemporary gospel--the "Christian Station"--is not what I tune to, at all (though, sometimes when traveling to Indiana, if I can get Moody, I'll listen to it).
The only reason I know about GLAD is back from my Indiana days, when I used to listen to the Christian station, and I heard a nice rendition of And Can It Be. So you see, I don't know any current groups, and am about 15 years behind the times!
Happy birthday, Kendra! Three days late, you don't mind, do you?
I hope you all are having fun up North, all together at the big house!
Thanks :D
Hey--what do you mean North? Indiana isn't exactly the Caribbean either, doncha know...
Post a Comment
<< Home