X-QQQQ's em W'RRRR
That's very bad, southerny-text-type French for, "Sorry I didn't post, yesterday."
Texting in French, with a bad accent....I'm thinkin' the world could USE that!
__________________
Attacking another weedy part of the vegetables yesterday morning, this Master Gardener Intern rediscovered three living eggplant seedlings, stunted, but alive among the summer squash. Personally, I don't think they have a chance. Particularly after I accidentally pulled one up, thinking it was a weed.
I have NEVER seen anything grow as slowly as those silly eggplants. More than 3 weeks to germinate, then steadily holding their height to an amazing 2.5 inches for the next 3 months. Really, it quite boggles the mind.
But I did get that section all tidied up, and even noticed that one of the orange butterfly weeds I culled from the courthouse garden is putting out shoots. Yay for MA!
On the bean front, I am somewhat snarked out that the deer have decided to nibble off the tops of my Jade Bush Beans. This wouldn't be so bad, but the varmints have left enough of Melinda's beans--seed which she saved from last year's crop--to the extent that they are flowering and basically putting mine to shame.
Not that I'm bitter, or anything.
But I do have something to quell the legumal sorrow. Last night, with Melinda's help, I planted a Japanese Tree Lilac! It's been on half-price sale for several weeks, with me eyeing it anxiously every time I went shopping. When I returned from my workshop in Ft. Dodge on Tuesday, I stopped at the store with every intention of buying it, only to discover that all the employees were heading out the door with every intention of going home. Theisen's Home Farm Auto Store had closed 15 minutes previously.
Oh, the remorse and regret!
So, I decided that when I went shopping, yesterday, if it was STILL THERE, it would be a SIGN that I was to buy it....and.....there it was.
Another casting of the fleece, come to fruition :-D
All that remains is to try and keep things from destroying it. I'm more worried about the bipedal than the quadrupeds. Certain people--more precisely, one--have a penchant for experimenting with various implements of destruction, only to discover things cannot be put aright, afterward.
With this in mind, and with Trevor and Nolan observing Melinda and me setting the tree into place, I issued my plea,
"Now, I'm gonna need you guys to help me protect this little tree, alright? We must see that nothing (read: Nolan) harms it, OK?"
Nolan: "We will, Mommy. If deer or rabbits come to chew on the tree we will throw ROCKS at them!"
"Welllll...I'd rather not have rocks in the grass....(not to mention unintentional concussions from ill-thrown stones)."
"Then, we'll run at them and CHASE them away!"
"THAT sounds better."
_________________
It's been raining this morning, so I think we're safe, for the moment.
Tweet
Texting in French, with a bad accent....I'm thinkin' the world could USE that!
__________________
Attacking another weedy part of the vegetables yesterday morning, this Master Gardener Intern rediscovered three living eggplant seedlings, stunted, but alive among the summer squash. Personally, I don't think they have a chance. Particularly after I accidentally pulled one up, thinking it was a weed.
I have NEVER seen anything grow as slowly as those silly eggplants. More than 3 weeks to germinate, then steadily holding their height to an amazing 2.5 inches for the next 3 months. Really, it quite boggles the mind.
But I did get that section all tidied up, and even noticed that one of the orange butterfly weeds I culled from the courthouse garden is putting out shoots. Yay for MA!
On the bean front, I am somewhat snarked out that the deer have decided to nibble off the tops of my Jade Bush Beans. This wouldn't be so bad, but the varmints have left enough of Melinda's beans--seed which she saved from last year's crop--to the extent that they are flowering and basically putting mine to shame.
Not that I'm bitter, or anything.
But I do have something to quell the legumal sorrow. Last night, with Melinda's help, I planted a Japanese Tree Lilac! It's been on half-price sale for several weeks, with me eyeing it anxiously every time I went shopping. When I returned from my workshop in Ft. Dodge on Tuesday, I stopped at the store with every intention of buying it, only to discover that all the employees were heading out the door with every intention of going home. Theisen's Home Farm Auto Store had closed 15 minutes previously.
Oh, the remorse and regret!
So, I decided that when I went shopping, yesterday, if it was STILL THERE, it would be a SIGN that I was to buy it....and.....there it was.
Another casting of the fleece, come to fruition :-D
All that remains is to try and keep things from destroying it. I'm more worried about the bipedal than the quadrupeds. Certain people--more precisely, one--have a penchant for experimenting with various implements of destruction, only to discover things cannot be put aright, afterward.
With this in mind, and with Trevor and Nolan observing Melinda and me setting the tree into place, I issued my plea,
"Now, I'm gonna need you guys to help me protect this little tree, alright? We must see that nothing (read: Nolan) harms it, OK?"
Nolan: "We will, Mommy. If deer or rabbits come to chew on the tree we will throw ROCKS at them!"
"Welllll...I'd rather not have rocks in the grass....(not to mention unintentional concussions from ill-thrown stones)."
"Then, we'll run at them and CHASE them away!"
"THAT sounds better."
_________________
It's been raining this morning, so I think we're safe, for the moment.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
I'm looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.
"Mommy... you didn't happen to hear a noise, did you?"
Post a Comment
<< Home