Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can you say Bargain ?

You just won't believe what I bought, today...
...OK, not this, but I was stopped at a light and man oh man, what a beauty! Chevy Impala, from....1960, maybe?

Ardith, it matches the color on your wedding invitations! This has to be a good sign.
____________

Today started out rather offish. Well, except for not being able to sleep and getting up to read more of a engrossing novel...

But during school time with Trevor, I think I was having some kind of ADHD attack or something...I could hardly stand to wait for him to try to read. He was sorta stumbling around and I was saying to myself, ("You should know this...you should KNOW this...") and basically just barely keeping my cool.

But we got through it.

Then, it was off to the BIG CITY to shop for wedding shoes :-) Oh, I know I'm not the one getting married, but it would be a grievous thing if I wore dark shoes with my light-colored dress and drew attention away from Ardith by forcing people to say, "Who is that well-preserved, chubby woman with the graying hair, wearing the light dress and horrible dark shoes?"

No. I just couldn't have that. And since it was shopping day ANYWAY, I decided to make my merry way to the Mall.

To top off my eastward drive, Van Morrison's Moondance came on the oldies station. Has to be one of the best songs, ever.

But getting back to my search for huge shoes, I was pricing things here and there, and found some reasonable ones for 10 and 15 dollars. They didn't look too bad but I wasn't feelin' the karma...know what I mean?

(and by the way, I really think Gordmans has jumped the gun by putting out their Christmas decorations in the middle of September)

A visit to Sears and then it was on to Penny's, where I found these little babies...

Would you believe a 45-dollar pair of shoes on 75% clearance?

We're talkin' cinqo buckeraro-sos, people! A little over six when you count the tax.

The heels are a tad higher than I like, but I have always been fond of the open-toed look--it was a retro day, after all.

For five bucks, I can take them for an hour or two. My main goal will be not to trip while going down the aisle. I might have to forgo the planned royal wave, from side to side, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for new, five-dollar shoes.

I'll just take along my ballet slippers for the reception :-D

And I would suggest future weddings of various offspring to be in spring, summer, or fall, so I can wear them again.

Surely that's not too much to ask?
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Oh Mommy! I can just see you doing the royal wave! Please do the royal wave!

9/16/2009 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
ask your kids....they will verify plus there are probably pictures...I lost the shoes and just went barefoot!
:) Elizabeth

9/17/2009 07:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home