It's Spring!
I can tell because the snow from last night is melting.
Also realized I didn't report in on the Extreme Ma Makeover for this week. So here goes...
Week Eleven Weigh-in: no change from last week. That makes a 13.5 pound loss over 11 weeks. Not terribly impressive, but not headed in the wrong direction, either. I'm pleased, considering the difficulty of the last ten days.
One might wonder about the term "Extreme." Does it, in fact apply to Ma's makeover?
Not in the usual sense of the TV show where people get on the scales and drop 11 pounds in one week. But if you apply the word to my personality, you get a better sense of things.
I always assumed, in my humble and benign way, that I was fairly average. But I've been told in recent years that I have a reputation for making outrageous statements on occasion, so I think we can safely use the word "Extreme" without fear of exaggeration.
It's gratifying to know I have this kind of power. I will strive to use it only for good and not for evil or telling people off that annoy me or seem hypocritical or just generally get in the way of my rise to fame and glory and that eventual inevitability...ruling the world.
In other news, we went over to Steve and Debbie Bell's house last night and had a wonderful time. There was much confabbing amongst the menfolk and lots of eating and playing within the kid-cadre. Ma was honored to have her own little dish of cookie dough. It was scrumptious and worth all the complaints of my digestive tract, later.
And I have to say, that aside from my own children, the Bell kids are the cutest around. Here are Trevor and Luke, preparing for what could well be careers in the sound room:
"Let's put on your earphones..."

"...a little adjustment..."

"Now listen to my beautiful music!"

Yesterday was insanely busy with shopping in the morning, lunch, dishes and a nap, and then getting ready to drive an hour to Waterloo.
Also in there, preparing a meal for a family with a new baby at church. Ma was in a dilemma since several things happened this week to work against good meal planning. I did something I've never done before and sent over a frozen lasagna from the store!
Yes, the epitome of lameness, I know. But when the world conspires against you, one turns to the freezer section of the local grocery.
Not to worry, though.
It's spring.
There'll soon be lasagna plants growing in the garden.
Tweet
Also realized I didn't report in on the Extreme Ma Makeover for this week. So here goes...
Week Eleven Weigh-in: no change from last week. That makes a 13.5 pound loss over 11 weeks. Not terribly impressive, but not headed in the wrong direction, either. I'm pleased, considering the difficulty of the last ten days.
One might wonder about the term "Extreme." Does it, in fact apply to Ma's makeover?
Not in the usual sense of the TV show where people get on the scales and drop 11 pounds in one week. But if you apply the word to my personality, you get a better sense of things.
I always assumed, in my humble and benign way, that I was fairly average. But I've been told in recent years that I have a reputation for making outrageous statements on occasion, so I think we can safely use the word "Extreme" without fear of exaggeration.
It's gratifying to know I have this kind of power. I will strive to use it only for good and not for evil or telling people off that annoy me or seem hypocritical or just generally get in the way of my rise to fame and glory and that eventual inevitability...ruling the world.
In other news, we went over to Steve and Debbie Bell's house last night and had a wonderful time. There was much confabbing amongst the menfolk and lots of eating and playing within the kid-cadre. Ma was honored to have her own little dish of cookie dough. It was scrumptious and worth all the complaints of my digestive tract, later.
And I have to say, that aside from my own children, the Bell kids are the cutest around. Here are Trevor and Luke, preparing for what could well be careers in the sound room:
"Let's put on your earphones..."
"...a little adjustment..."
"Now listen to my beautiful music!"
Yesterday was insanely busy with shopping in the morning, lunch, dishes and a nap, and then getting ready to drive an hour to Waterloo.
Also in there, preparing a meal for a family with a new baby at church. Ma was in a dilemma since several things happened this week to work against good meal planning. I did something I've never done before and sent over a frozen lasagna from the store!
Yes, the epitome of lameness, I know. But when the world conspires against you, one turns to the freezer section of the local grocery.
Not to worry, though.
It's spring.
There'll soon be lasagna plants growing in the garden.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
I'd agree with that use of Extreme!
Also I'd like a lasagna plant when yours get big enough to share.
Post a Comment
<< Home