You're Never Too Old to Act Immature
Hah! And, again I say, "Hot doggies!"
I decided to join the picto-band wagon and try posting a photo. The final product was the result of much tribulation and whining, not to mention adamant refusals to ask my husband for help. (I don't have a problem with pride, really, I don't)
First I had to dig the "new" digital camera out of its box and *choke and gag* look at the manual. I actually figured out the bare minimal details by myself, with the exception of having to ask Sharon how to put the lens cap back on. (really, why don't they just tell you to turn it off, first? Because they want you to feel humiliated, that's why!)
But I actually succeeded in taking a few pictures all by my little ol' self. *smirk* Then, after plugging the thing into my computer, again by myself, *double smirk* I did have to ask Sharon how to stick them in a file. Of course, I will never be able to replicate this process, but, I'll worry about that later.
Next, came the arduous and exasperating process of following those simple instructions as to putting a picture on "Blogger." It's a piece of cake, really. You merely download two applications, install them, and then get totally confused as to how to make them work together. What follows is an hour or more of hopeless frustration that nearly brings one to tears, BUT, at least you haven't asked your husband for help. Finally, after ranting to a couple of people on IM who wonder how "Ma" suddenly turned into the "Wicked Witch of the Iowa Plains," you shut down your computer, secure in the knowledge that you are utterly and totally exasperted AND you get to try it all over again tomorrow.
(next morning) After waking up to a dusting of snow, and trying not to remember how people down south are posting photos of flowers and buildings glowing in the sunset, you take one more picture, hook the camera up to the computer, and find that for some miraculous reason, the pictures now all appear in the magic "tray," in the magic program, which will magically transport the picture to one's blog. (by magic)
Unfortunately, after carefully following the "help" instructions, this magic transition does not take place. You nab your number 1 son, who is magically walking by at just this very moment, and start to whine, just a little. He makes a quick assessment, and says, "Try this...." Presto, chango, it works! And the best part? The instructions were WRONG! They left out a crucial step. I am VINDICATED!! And what is even better, Jason commented over my shoulder, "This is complicated!" "It is? You mean, I have accomplished something complicated AND the instructions were wrong?" *triple smirk*
It just doesn't get any better than this. Tweet
I decided to join the picto-band wagon and try posting a photo. The final product was the result of much tribulation and whining, not to mention adamant refusals to ask my husband for help. (I don't have a problem with pride, really, I don't)
First I had to dig the "new" digital camera out of its box and *choke and gag* look at the manual. I actually figured out the bare minimal details by myself, with the exception of having to ask Sharon how to put the lens cap back on. (really, why don't they just tell you to turn it off, first? Because they want you to feel humiliated, that's why!)
But I actually succeeded in taking a few pictures all by my little ol' self. *smirk* Then, after plugging the thing into my computer, again by myself, *double smirk* I did have to ask Sharon how to stick them in a file. Of course, I will never be able to replicate this process, but, I'll worry about that later.
Next, came the arduous and exasperating process of following those simple instructions as to putting a picture on "Blogger." It's a piece of cake, really. You merely download two applications, install them, and then get totally confused as to how to make them work together. What follows is an hour or more of hopeless frustration that nearly brings one to tears, BUT, at least you haven't asked your husband for help. Finally, after ranting to a couple of people on IM who wonder how "Ma" suddenly turned into the "Wicked Witch of the Iowa Plains," you shut down your computer, secure in the knowledge that you are utterly and totally exasperted AND you get to try it all over again tomorrow.
(next morning) After waking up to a dusting of snow, and trying not to remember how people down south are posting photos of flowers and buildings glowing in the sunset, you take one more picture, hook the camera up to the computer, and find that for some miraculous reason, the pictures now all appear in the magic "tray," in the magic program, which will magically transport the picture to one's blog. (by magic)
Unfortunately, after carefully following the "help" instructions, this magic transition does not take place. You nab your number 1 son, who is magically walking by at just this very moment, and start to whine, just a little. He makes a quick assessment, and says, "Try this...." Presto, chango, it works! And the best part? The instructions were WRONG! They left out a crucial step. I am VINDICATED!! And what is even better, Jason commented over my shoulder, "This is complicated!" "It is? You mean, I have accomplished something complicated AND the instructions were wrong?" *triple smirk*
It just doesn't get any better than this. Tweet

The Progeny
7 Comments:
I'm very jealous of your having snow. Especially since you provided such a lovely picture with which to torment me.
*sniff*
Be tormented no more, O Green One :-)
Most of it melted.
However, snow is possible on Thursday....
Yay! You did it! Sorry about the snow--it was in the high 70s here today :-) Of course, I won't be bragging when I have to pay my air conditioning bill in the summer :-(
I assume you're using the Picasa and Hello? One thing I discovered--I think they recently changed the Picasa thing so you can't link to unpublished blog photos (that is, blogs in draft). I guess that would be cheating the system and they figured it out.
If you want to put two photos in one blog entry the only way I've figured out to do that is to upload them separately, then cut the code from the second one and paste it into the first one, then delete the second blog entry. Let me know if you figure out an easier way to upload two photos at once.
And don't you like the little vase my flowers are in? My mother in law is a potter and she mades these clever flower arrangers in various sizes. They are glazed with Mt. St.Helen's ash.
Yes, Thainamu, I did like the vase. Am impressed with glaze from Mt. St. Helen's ash.
Now, concerning that, "Let me know if you figure out an easier way to upload two photos at once," bit....
I am still trying to understand the "cut....code....paste...delete..." *brain goes into FRY mode* helpful hint.
For right now, I think I will just be satisfied with one picture at a time.
I am, after all, just a simple "Ma."
If you think that posting pictures is hard with the incorect directions, try working on a car or on an a/c condinser with the incorrectr directions. If you make a mistake with one of these it will cost you money and time to fix where pictures you can delete mistakes and try again.
'Tis true. However, the stress to my psyche cannot be underestimated.
Post a Comment
<< Home