Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, April 11, 2005

A Few More Resolutions.....

"Now, what's all this ah heerd about youse tryin' ta lose weight?"

"Well, uh, Granny, I just thought I'd try for a couple pounds......"

"Is you sick in the heyud, or whut?"

"MMmm, I did have a headache last night...."

"Oh fer cryin' out loud! You knows I wasn't bein' litrull. Now, how many tahms do ah hafta tell youse about big bones a runnin' in are fambly?"

"I'm not sure I agree ......."

"Besahds, likes ah always says, sum vus gotta be on the plumpish sahd, so as ta make other peoples look good. Do you want ta make other people look ba-yud? Does you wants that on yer conshuns, lil' gurl?"

"Well now, Granny, I hardly think that's a fair argument....."

"Fair, Schmair. Ah won'ta leave here 'til ah knows you'll be senzibal. Now here, have a piece o' mah fresh bread-n-butter...."

"mmmffph..."

"And whut's the majick wurds ahm awaitin' ta hear?"

*gulp* "You rule, Granny. You rule."

"You gots that raht, chile. That's mah good gurl, now."
_______________________

Resolved:

-stopped obsessing about weight

-send out Ardith's graduation announcements by the end of summer

-change locks on doors

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Granny, what did you do with our Ma? She may have been mellowing, but she wasn't ever meek like this. I think you've been controlling her mind from a distance all this time. I think... you're really a Vulcan!!

4/11/2005 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ardith said...

Except Vulcans don't generally practice mind control over a distance like that.

No, I blame...

...the Borg!

See, contrary to popular opinion, they did not originate in the Delta Quadrant. No, there was this mad scientist in the wilds of West Virginia...

4/11/2005 09:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cackles*

4/11/2005 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

West Virginia? That explains a lot.

Hey, no anonymous cackling is allowed in the comments!

4/12/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

(Sorry, that cackle was me, in disguise. But I agree, I don't like anonymous comments)

4/13/2005 08:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home