How Do You Turn Kids Green?
You mow.
Today was the ceremonial "First Mowing O' the Lawn," a task which heralds in the spring season as no other activity can. Oh, you can have your maypoles and tricksy dances with ribbons. Just give me the heady scent of newly cut grass, and the intoxicating aroma of sunlight on shorn blades.
Loren, having checked over the well-used push mower, gave us the go ahead for "Operation Greenclip." Then, with five commanding priming pumps, I held down the handle, yanked on the pull-cord-starter-thingy while yelling "ENGAGE!", and VROOOM, the engine roared to life. I felt just like Jean-Luc Picard, only greener.
For some reason, this is also the signal for all the little kids to come running out and start gallevanting through the moist clippings. There is nothing like the first mowing to get a really terrific green dye over hands and feet. Naturally, they have grass fights. They scoop up little piles and jump in them, over and over. Apron-like, they hold up the excess material of what used to be a decent shirt, hoarding carefully gathered clumps of oozy goodness.
Oh well, who needs clean bed sheets, anyway?
_________________
I am happy to report that oldest daughter Ardith is feeling better, today. Hopefully, the remaining weeks until graduation will be uneventful. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers.
I have some other folks I might request prayer for, but I need to make sure they do not mind being mentioned on the blog. I have tried very hard not to list person after person and their particular needs. There are so many! And I do not want people to read this and think, "Ma's asking me to pray for this person, and THIS person....etc....? Just about every person one meets up in Rochester needs prayer for an extremely serious physical condition. But this is a little different, and it hits close to home. That's all I'll say on the matter, for now. Tweet
Today was the ceremonial "First Mowing O' the Lawn," a task which heralds in the spring season as no other activity can. Oh, you can have your maypoles and tricksy dances with ribbons. Just give me the heady scent of newly cut grass, and the intoxicating aroma of sunlight on shorn blades.
Loren, having checked over the well-used push mower, gave us the go ahead for "Operation Greenclip." Then, with five commanding priming pumps, I held down the handle, yanked on the pull-cord-starter-thingy while yelling "ENGAGE!", and VROOOM, the engine roared to life. I felt just like Jean-Luc Picard, only greener.
For some reason, this is also the signal for all the little kids to come running out and start gallevanting through the moist clippings. There is nothing like the first mowing to get a really terrific green dye over hands and feet. Naturally, they have grass fights. They scoop up little piles and jump in them, over and over. Apron-like, they hold up the excess material of what used to be a decent shirt, hoarding carefully gathered clumps of oozy goodness.
Oh well, who needs clean bed sheets, anyway?
_________________
I am happy to report that oldest daughter Ardith is feeling better, today. Hopefully, the remaining weeks until graduation will be uneventful. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers.
I have some other folks I might request prayer for, but I need to make sure they do not mind being mentioned on the blog. I have tried very hard not to list person after person and their particular needs. There are so many! And I do not want people to read this and think, "Ma's asking me to pray for this person, and THIS person....etc....? Just about every person one meets up in Rochester needs prayer for an extremely serious physical condition. But this is a little different, and it hits close to home. That's all I'll say on the matter, for now. Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home