Oh Yeah!
So, I woke up this morning and it was raining. And immediately I had to postpone my dreams of additional mowing. But, with every cloud comes a slacker lining. Because of the rain, it would be impossible to wash the windows of all the glass doors at church. Oh my, I cried a few tears over that one.
A little computer work, a few diaper changes later, and I was off to finish church cleaning. At home, I had left a noisy crew deeply (and loudly) engrossed in a multi-player game of X-pilot. And me? I was forced to work in peaceful solitude, with nary a chair or pew breaking the silence. Oh yes, that brought another lump of regret to the throat.
Two hours passed. Unlike last week, when I swept up at least 600 lady bird beetles off the west windows, I had to content myself with a mere 10 or 12. But like I always say, you can't expect mountain top experiences on a daily basis. However, I did happen upon a novel appearance from the animal kingdom. Sometime, possibly overnight (but really, who can say ?) 5 earthworms had.... well...... wormed their way in under the south doors. You had to feel a little sorry for them. I mean, here they were, trying to better their situation, in a noble escape from a watery grave, when, unbeknownst to them, they opted for the fatal "worming under the door" foray, crossing over into a dry and deadly demise on an indoor-outdoor mat.
So, with utmost care and respect, I crushed them into smaller pieces so as to more expeditiously slurp them up with the sweeper. It was a poignant moment.
Two hours passed, thus, in aforementioned reverie. Following these ministrations, I made a quick return to home base, where I unselfishly relinquished my domestic responsibilities and forced the kids to fix lunch. And then? Kendra and I headed off to that arduous duty of weekly shopping. Well, somebody has to do it, don't they.
It entailed the usual accumulation of food and non-food items, of matter and anti-matter materials. And yet, could we forego a trip to Goodwill. I think not!
A casual perusal of the dresses brought forth something that bespoke unusual quality. Not only that, but--it--just--might-- fit. The dressing room confirmed my initial suspicions :-) *pumps arm* "YES!" (Never mind that I transgressed a house rule and took more than three garments into the fitting chamber. No charges will be pressed) The dress was acquired for $5.75.
Exiting the store, we were greeted with beautiful sunshine. The rain had ended and I was in possession of a little device that could change the course of two young men's lives. The cell phone. I called my hubby who cheerfully agreed to pass on the message, "There's mowin' to be done in them thar hills, boys." Jason and Derek were ordered to fire up the mower again. It was just as well, since their computer game time was up, anyway.
Upon arriving home, the lawn bore witness of careful attention, an even haircut. A small section remained, allowing me to power up my endorphins and get at that grass. (I'd much rather mow than put away groceries, any day)
The rain returned, but did that stop me? NO! All pertinent parts were shaved to a respectable length.
It had been a good day.
And the best part? Examining my "new"dress and finding a store tag that had not been removed. So, the dress was actually unused. Hot doggies! A closer look revealed.........$68.00!!!
Now, "Who Da Ma!" Tweet
A little computer work, a few diaper changes later, and I was off to finish church cleaning. At home, I had left a noisy crew deeply (and loudly) engrossed in a multi-player game of X-pilot. And me? I was forced to work in peaceful solitude, with nary a chair or pew breaking the silence. Oh yes, that brought another lump of regret to the throat.
Two hours passed. Unlike last week, when I swept up at least 600 lady bird beetles off the west windows, I had to content myself with a mere 10 or 12. But like I always say, you can't expect mountain top experiences on a daily basis. However, I did happen upon a novel appearance from the animal kingdom. Sometime, possibly overnight (but really, who can say ?) 5 earthworms had.... well...... wormed their way in under the south doors. You had to feel a little sorry for them. I mean, here they were, trying to better their situation, in a noble escape from a watery grave, when, unbeknownst to them, they opted for the fatal "worming under the door" foray, crossing over into a dry and deadly demise on an indoor-outdoor mat.
So, with utmost care and respect, I crushed them into smaller pieces so as to more expeditiously slurp them up with the sweeper. It was a poignant moment.
Two hours passed, thus, in aforementioned reverie. Following these ministrations, I made a quick return to home base, where I unselfishly relinquished my domestic responsibilities and forced the kids to fix lunch. And then? Kendra and I headed off to that arduous duty of weekly shopping. Well, somebody has to do it, don't they.
It entailed the usual accumulation of food and non-food items, of matter and anti-matter materials. And yet, could we forego a trip to Goodwill. I think not!
A casual perusal of the dresses brought forth something that bespoke unusual quality. Not only that, but--it--just--might-- fit. The dressing room confirmed my initial suspicions :-) *pumps arm* "YES!" (Never mind that I transgressed a house rule and took more than three garments into the fitting chamber. No charges will be pressed) The dress was acquired for $5.75.
Exiting the store, we were greeted with beautiful sunshine. The rain had ended and I was in possession of a little device that could change the course of two young men's lives. The cell phone. I called my hubby who cheerfully agreed to pass on the message, "There's mowin' to be done in them thar hills, boys." Jason and Derek were ordered to fire up the mower again. It was just as well, since their computer game time was up, anyway.
Upon arriving home, the lawn bore witness of careful attention, an even haircut. A small section remained, allowing me to power up my endorphins and get at that grass. (I'd much rather mow than put away groceries, any day)
The rain returned, but did that stop me? NO! All pertinent parts were shaved to a respectable length.
It had been a good day.
And the best part? Examining my "new"dress and finding a store tag that had not been removed. So, the dress was actually unused. Hot doggies! A closer look revealed.........$68.00!!!
Now, "Who Da Ma!" Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
I was just telling someone tonight that I've been known to pick up writhing earthworms who have crawled onto the sidewalk and place them gently back in the grass. I also let the cat sleep on my bed and copy edit my daughter's papers. I'm such a pushover.
Normally, I have a certain aversion to cats, since Jason in allergic, (remind self to pack extra Benedryl for visit) but I really must know how your cat copy-edits papers.
[correction]
....Jason is allergic (to cats).....
Ha. Looks like we both need the cat to copy edit for us ;)
I hope a few bluebonnets are still around when you get here. They are so beautiful along the freeways now.
Post a Comment
<< Home