Future Building Contractor?

Nolan contemplates what he would do with all these building materials
_________________________________
Just so Ardith and Sharon know what is going on......the new addition is all enclosed, complete with shingled roof. I guess "the guys" worked in the drizzle yesterday to add to last week's framework.
We will celebrate Carolyn's birthday later tonight. Hope to have pictures posted of the grand event, including the food, which will be strictly for Moore's benefit/torture.
In the meantime, I urge all prospective brides to consider important questions they would ask their husband-to-be, be-fore they are married....things like,
1) "If we were coming home from church and we saw a bald eagle flying across our path would you turn around the van and give a (hopefully) short chase so your dear wife could take a picture with her camera--which she'd had the amazing foresight to bring along--especially if Veteran's day were coming up and seeing how the bald eagle is the symbol of our country and all?"
2) "If your dear wife were resting on a Sunday afternoon,--due to early arising the previous morn and the dreadful disappointment of missing out on photographing a bald eagle in the middle of corn country--would you still go ahead and use noisy implements of construction, like hammers and incredibly loud saws, DESPITE the fact that she was only a thin wall away?" Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Why do I get the idea that this blog entry was directed at ME, Ma Hoyt's dear hubby, and survivor of not 1 or 2, but many virtual death experiences. Somehow this just doesn't have the same impact, now.
Ok, so I was feeling good and the cold weather will be rolling in soon, is that any reason to go public with one's insinuations of insensitivity.
Important questions? The quest for a picture: of a rapidly reappearing pest, which the bald eagle has been through much of our land's history (national symbol and near extinction aside) when her own family is on the edge of starvation after a long morning at church.
The quest for rest: which was attained in spite of a little sporadic noise of constuction, when the principle beneficiary of the same is none other than, You Know Who.
Perhaps it would be better for a prospective bride to contemplate developing an attitude of thanksgiving for a man whose concern for his family's safety will not allow him to be sidetracked by fleeting thrills of dubious merit.
Or, one of wonder at her intended's depth of skills, initiative and persistance in pursuit of his family's well-being and comfort.
Oh well, you all continue to enjoy and laugh with the side of Ma Hoyt that is put on display for you, while I continue to grow more in love with the one that I discovered over 25 years ago.
Ok, Dearest. that is just TOO beautiful. I recant every word :-D
(well, most of it, anyway)
You've got to give him lots of credit... he has patience with you even when he's being wrongfully criticized. I think I might have to get him to give me lessons... and yes, Ma... you may have your 10% Finder's Fee.
Post a Comment
<< Home