Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, November 05, 2005

S.A.T. 's and ***s




Getting up in the dark is rather demoralizing. That is why this lovely sunrise was a gift to look at on our way to the BIG city. Cedar Rapids is the REALLY BIG city, but thankfully, we were simply headed for Waterloo, the BIG city. For you see, we are just simple folk. Really.

"Do you have your entrance ticket?"

"Yes."

"Do you have your pencils? Your calculator"

"Yes, of course, you don't really need a calculator.....Hey, where's my SS#? I know I put it in here....*rifles wallet*

"It's ok, I have everybody's on a list in my purse.....I have mine memorized. I even have your father's memorized....*tries very hard not to look smug*

Yes, he still needs me :-) *mentally jumps up and down and cheers*

I dropped Jason off and headed out shopping. I underestimated the amount of time the test takes, because, I was back almost TWO HOURS EARLY! It's a good thing I brought along a new library book. I made it all the way through Florence, the Medici's and partway through Leonardo da Vinci. ("The Renaissance-Maker of Modern Man" National Geographic Society)

But then, just as I was contemplating calling the police to report a hostage situation, out he walks. Barely able to grip his pencils, his face looking haggard, Jason opened the door and flopped down. "Wow. That was longer than I expected! It was hard to concentrate on those last three sections, I was getting so hungry."

"So, do you want to go shopping at The-Massively-Large-Goodwill-Store-That-Has-No-End first, or go scoff some roast beef?.....*glazed look*....OK, Arby's, it is :-D"
_______________________________

Upon arriving home, and being smothered by several young children, I observed my husband descending the stairway to the main floor. By the look on his face, something was "up."

"OK. WHAT's wrong?"

"We have a *** in the basement. (for purposes of anonymity, "***" will be used when referring to the ***, since it is an endangered species....) So, do you want to get rid of it now, or later?"

Yes, he still needs me :-) *mentally jumps up and down, but in a subdued manner. And no cheering*

"Let's do it now, 'cause I wanna take a nap."

I grabbed the tennis racket, which is supposed to confuse the ***'s radar, and followed Loren to the basement. (Husbands and wives should always find new activities to explore together. Even after they've been married 24 years. Working in tandem to exterminate unwanted visitors should not be excluded from the list of "warm fuzzies" couples can enjoy. After all, ***s are both warm AND fuzzy.)

Wedged behind an old electrical panel was the ***. Loren carefully pulled the panel away from the wall, and with her usual finesse, Ma crunched it, sending it to that big cave in the sky.

One big test and one little ***....gone.

If anyone from the EPA or DNR calls, I'll be napping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vengeful Cynic said...

So you're reading about the Medicis and Florence, are you? Good, good... next up for your reading list must be The Prince and John R. Hale's Civilization of Europe in the Renaissance. Surely you need more Machiavelli... everyone needs more Machiavelli.

11/06/2005 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home