A Lego on the Floor
I walked into a room today
(As I have done before),
And quickly was accosted by
A Lego on the floor.
It sprang at me most stealthily
From off the carpet nap,
Causing me to howl in pain
And give the wall a "whap."
A tremor in that wall did start
And spread o'er all the house,
It killed a thousand ladybugs
And one in-di-gent mouse.
From there it traveled to the road
And knocked down power lines.
I tried to count how many
But lost track at twenty-nine.
The worst result, by far,
The one that terrified me most,
Was watching my computer die
And losing a great post.
The agony is over, now.
The blackout is no more. And,
To think that it all started
From a Lego on the floor. Tweet
(As I have done before),
And quickly was accosted by
A Lego on the floor.
It sprang at me most stealthily
From off the carpet nap,
Causing me to howl in pain
And give the wall a "whap."
A tremor in that wall did start
And spread o'er all the house,
It killed a thousand ladybugs
And one in-di-gent mouse.
From there it traveled to the road
And knocked down power lines.
I tried to count how many
But lost track at twenty-nine.
The worst result, by far,
The one that terrified me most,
Was watching my computer die
And losing a great post.
The agony is over, now.
The blackout is no more. And,
To think that it all started
From a Lego on the floor. Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
Gotta watch out for those Legos. They just love to lurk in the carpet and block your progress.
Very nice poem. Remind me never to let you anywhere near a Lego brick when there's sensitive electronic equipment nearby.
Post a Comment
<< Home