Still Improving
This goes for Loren as well as the cleanup projects.
Loren still has a few remnants of his cold but is well on the mend. I imagine it takes longer to get over any type of illness when one is immunosuppressed. He is up and about, giving orders and keeping others and himself busy. His desk is quite clean now, but mine has suffered. Mostly from him bringing over papers HE was trying to get rid of. But I have rounded up a few old receipts that I shall soon toss his way. *smirk*
The latest of his endeavors, is setting up his own little work station out in the second floor addition. And here I thought he was just going to store things there. Instead, he has used one of the old kitchen counters as a work table and has all the old monitors, parts and tools assembled. That way he can test things and blow up capacitors and resistors in peace and quiet. I feel my mental stability increasing with each passing hour.
We are looking forward with tremendous excitement to a week long visit from Ardith and her roommate, Heather. They will be driving up all day tomorrow, so I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers. You might want to prayer for travel safety in general, as a host of college students are going on spring break. I expect a substantial increase in animal road kill numbers. Oh goody! Fresh food on the table :-) You know what they say on the Red Green Show: "Don't think of it as road kill, but rather, Organic, Free Range, Automotively Processed Meat."
Now, if only I had Granny's Clampett's receipt for Possum Stew......
___________________
You may have noticed that it has not been possible to post comments on posts today. (or maybe not, since there have not been quite a plethora of responses, of late :-) The folks at Blogger assure us their "Engineering Team" is working on it, and they realize how "unacceptable" the situation is.
___________________
I received my latest used book acquisition yesterday, "Amo, Amas, Amat and More. How to Use Latin to Your Own Advantage and to the Astonishment of Others." It is authored by Eugene Ehrilich, with an introduction by William F. Buckley, Jr.
Yes, "Ma" has started yet another self-improvement course! And what is even MORE exciting, I will share these little nuggets of intellectual gold free, that is, FREE of CHARGE. Yes, I knew you would be just as excited as I. Here is the first:
dulce est desipere in loco (DUUL-keh est day-SIH-peh-reh in LAW-koh)
Which means: "sweet it is to relax at the proper time"
Either that, or: "Ain't it great to be crazy" Tweet
Loren still has a few remnants of his cold but is well on the mend. I imagine it takes longer to get over any type of illness when one is immunosuppressed. He is up and about, giving orders and keeping others and himself busy. His desk is quite clean now, but mine has suffered. Mostly from him bringing over papers HE was trying to get rid of. But I have rounded up a few old receipts that I shall soon toss his way. *smirk*
The latest of his endeavors, is setting up his own little work station out in the second floor addition. And here I thought he was just going to store things there. Instead, he has used one of the old kitchen counters as a work table and has all the old monitors, parts and tools assembled. That way he can test things and blow up capacitors and resistors in peace and quiet. I feel my mental stability increasing with each passing hour.
We are looking forward with tremendous excitement to a week long visit from Ardith and her roommate, Heather. They will be driving up all day tomorrow, so I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers. You might want to prayer for travel safety in general, as a host of college students are going on spring break. I expect a substantial increase in animal road kill numbers. Oh goody! Fresh food on the table :-) You know what they say on the Red Green Show: "Don't think of it as road kill, but rather, Organic, Free Range, Automotively Processed Meat."
Now, if only I had Granny's Clampett's receipt for Possum Stew......
___________________
You may have noticed that it has not been possible to post comments on posts today. (or maybe not, since there have not been quite a plethora of responses, of late :-) The folks at Blogger assure us their "Engineering Team" is working on it, and they realize how "unacceptable" the situation is.
___________________
I received my latest used book acquisition yesterday, "Amo, Amas, Amat and More. How to Use Latin to Your Own Advantage and to the Astonishment of Others." It is authored by Eugene Ehrilich, with an introduction by William F. Buckley, Jr.
Yes, "Ma" has started yet another self-improvement course! And what is even MORE exciting, I will share these little nuggets of intellectual gold free, that is, FREE of CHARGE. Yes, I knew you would be just as excited as I. Here is the first:
dulce est desipere in loco (DUUL-keh est day-SIH-peh-reh in LAW-koh)
Which means: "sweet it is to relax at the proper time"
Either that, or: "Ain't it great to be crazy" Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
May not be commenting, but still reading, and glad to see things are on the move, health-wise, computer-wise, and more, I'm sure.
I've been busy digging in cadavers lately (as Ron says).
the other Nancy
Ok. Now, you are gonna HAFTA send me an email to clarify....
Also known as trying to find out where this family came from. How come family trees I see trace back generations and generations on one side before the "Old Country" is mentioned, but a census says so-and-so's father was born in Ireland? (Rats, I'd give you so-and-so's name, but can't find it this morning.) Think it was the mother's side of the family. May I take this platform to ask family members -- if you have any clues to ancestry, please let me know.
the other Nancy
Well, that was about as clear as mud, as they say. What I mean is, Loren's grandmother's side of the family.
- the other Nancy
Post a Comment
<< Home