Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, March 18, 2005

Prayers for Travelers

I don't know how many people read this during the day, but I will ask for a few traveling prayers from those that do.

Ardith and Heather left shortly after 8 this morning to return to Longview Texas. The trip takes around 13 hours. Less if one wears heavy shoes. I try not to think that they go from snow-dusted, barren ground, to 80 degree weather. *sigh*

Loren and Sharon are heading in the opposite direction, up to Rochester. The "powers that be" up there, have finally scheduled his Nebupent therapy. There is some weather approaching from the west, but they will thankfully be missing the 10-12 inch snow warning. Still, one wishes we had not changed the snow tires on the little blue Toyota, yesterday. Personally, I would LOVE to lay the blame on someone(s), but, being the incredibly nice person that I am, I will forego that pleasure. This time.

Sharon will keep Loren company, study her Spanish and be available in the event Loren gets tired of driving. (hasn't happened yet) They are going through an area under a weather advisory, but have taken the red mini-van, which is still snow tire shod. One of the speakers doesn't work, but since I'm not along, I figure it's not my problem.

Plenty of students are traveling hither and yon, returning to their various places of higher learning.

It is a good day to pray.

p.s. "Blogger" is driving me nuts.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home